Welcome to FIFO Families
Welcome to the website with a wealth of understanding; the FIFO family that understands your family.
If you have a partner that works on a fly in fly out basis (FIFO) or drive in drive out (DIDO) and you want to connect with others living the FIFO lifestyle then you are in the right spot.
By using this site and the services it provides, you will find yourself within a new community. A community of other FIFO families and FIFO partner's who know exactly what you are going through when you are home alone; a sole parent or a solo partner, whilst the other parent/partner is away at work. It is here that you will be able to network with other FIFO families and FIFO partners through out Australia and across the world. It is through this network that you will find support, resources, experienced FIFO families and be able to belong to a COMMUNITY!
You have the option of being able to link up with and meet other FIFO families and FIFO partners in your own neighbourhood. Imagine that, think of the benefits;
- Meet at the local park and chat to people in the same situation as yourself.
- “Swap time” and look after each others kids so you can go and do those things you want and need to do on your own, without the added cost of a babysitter (ie. shopping, study, exercise, quiet time on your own, meet a friend for a coffee).
- Your children can make friends with other kids who are in the same family situation.
- Arrange school/kindy drop offs.
- Exercise together; take the dogs for a walk.
- Share parenting tips and challenges.
- Network with other FIFO partners and and other people similar to yourself such as the FIFO DINK's (double income no kids) and FIFO empty nesters.